In his Message for the 51st World Communication Day: “Fear not, I’m with you”. Communicating hope and trust in our time (28 may 2017), Holy Father Francis says: “I would like to encourage everyone to engage in constructive forms of communication that reject prejudice towards others and foster a culture of encounter, helping all of us to view the world around us with realism and trust”. Read more>>>
Sr Bruna Fregni, Fr Patrick Alumuku and the Catholic Television (CTV) Team, Abuja
7 images for a creative communication. Pope Francis invites communicators to assume the style and language of Jesus, who made use of comparable or at least the images of daily life, to express the mysteries of the Kingdom. He himself uses 7 symbolic images, very interesting:
Read and download 7 Images for a creative communication.pdf
Sr Amarachi, fsp recording a radio programme
Since 2006, in Italy, the Pauline Sisters and the Saint Paul Fathers organize the Communication Festival in itinerant form in the cities that welcome the proposal not to let fall into oblivion the Communications Day. The Festival is a traveling exhibition, which takes place at the local level, for about 7-8 days, each year in a different diocese, but one that has national significance, and a pastoral opportunity of great importance, since, in its organizational formula, it becomes a catalyst of energy and a form of involvement of all the vital elements of a diocese, making visible that communications applies to all areas of ministry.
The general programme involves a collaboration with the candidate diocese where appropriate communicative activities are held with appointments involving institutions, associations, universities, organizations and cultural clubs, the press, radio and TV, sponsors.
5 “ways” of human communication
Events and initiatives find their implementation in accordance with the 5 “ways” of human communication:
- The Way of Knowledge, which involves biblical, philosophical aspects of communication; in this way the people participate in conferences, meetings, roundtables a about social communication questions;
- The Way of Beauty, feeding the artistic and spiritual aspects, with guided visits to churches and museums;
- The Way of Language, which offers topics related to the different media forms of expression; the schools are engaged in “happy book”, a nice laboratory about book reading, news media, music, movie and team games, prizes…
- The Way of Solidarity that recalls the experience of cooperation, non-profit groups and associations; this is a space to give voice to the voiceless and raise funds for charity projects;
- The Way of Aggregation that enhances the convivial aspects of communicating, wherever one finds oneself – at the table, in the streets … at parties and on social occasions.
Depending on the theme chosen for the day, these locations afford opportunities for people to explore different issues and interact in a meaningful way.